Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Senior System Administrator
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
Reports to: Manager III
- Administer and support complex environments including core Microsoft (Windows Server, Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange, DHCP, DNS), Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, SRM) and hardware infrastructure (Servers, UCS, EMC) technologies.
- Design and implement monitoring, capacity and configuration management of complex technologies, ensuring acceptable performance and adherence to all defined service level agreements.
- Administer Active Directory in a large corporate environment with multiple domains and 15k+ user base.
- Perform all duties within ITIL best practices guidelines for Incident, Change, Request, and Problem.
- Adhere to all security best practices, and governance and compliance laws such as HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, etc.
- Defines detailed specifications, in compliance with the operations architecture (which include infrastructure and security), to solve complex, business problems.
- Tunes the operating environment parameters to ensure the efficient use of existing resources.
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current environment with tools for efficient turnaround.
- Performs hands-on system administration tasks including installation of software products and/or related databases, configuration of technical environment, backup configuration and recovery.
- Demonstrates initiative in resolving problems, balancing conflicting requirements in partnership with others.
- Provides Tier 3 (infrastructure) support. Follows support escalation processes as defined.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and other necessary documentation.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Job related experience for 7+ years minimum. 7+ years administration experience implementing solutions for complex systems supporting business processes.
- Proficient in the technical support of complex environments including core Microsoft (Windows Server, Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange, DHCP, DNS), Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, SRM) and hardware infrastructure (Servers, UCS, EMC) technologies.
- Experience in driving technology solutions in a large corporate environment with multiple domains and 15k+ user base.
- Proven experience with hands-on system administration tasks including installation of software products and/or related databases, configuration of technical environment, automation, troubleshooting/post-mortems, backup configuration and recovery.
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.