We are looking for someone to join a team dedicated to providing high availability, performance and security for tens of billions page views and over a billion web surfers every month from 28 locations on 6 continents. You will be involved in helping us develop, build, and maintain a leading global infrastructure and sharing our learnings with the world.
As part of a small and vertically integrated team responsible for a very large setup, you will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the management of our infrastructure, including:
- Maximizing the availability and uptime of all services through proactive planning, sound architectural decisions, automation and rapid response to failures;
- Making Automattic services as fast as possible for our users through optimization of server-side and client-side interactions, and work with 3rd party services where necessary;
- Ensuring our services are safe and secure for both our users and employees through a combination of proactive monitoring and enforcement, real-time response, and ensuring data integrity/backups to allow recovery from disasters;
- Removing as much friction as possible between Automattic developers and their goal of shipping software. When there are questions, we provide answers usually in a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds;
The Systems Wrangler position might be a good fit if you:
- Have maintained large Nginx setups with advanced routing configuration, load balancing, reliable performance and high availability;
- Have run very large MySQL/MariaDB deployments while maintaining an unparalleled level of performance, uptime and data integrity;
- Have experience running and debugging PHP applications at scale;
- Understand the relationship of these services with the lower level systems stacks - filesystems, network, memory management, kernel internals, etc;
- Have deep operational and maintenance experience with very large and complex public facing web hosting systems;
- Can autonomously architect, prototype, and maintain solutions to different problems and hosting requirements;
- Possess extreme attention to detail and strive for unparalleled operational excellence;
- Are open and available for a 2-3 week post-COVID travel per year to meet up with your teammates in person.
Oni su ljudi koji stoje iza WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, WordPress VIP, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, Atavist, Happy Tool idrugih. Ponosni su što su kompanije sa preko 1100 autmatičara u 75 zemalja koji govore preko 90 različitih jezika.