We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
Please contact us if you have any accessibility requests and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Senior Technical Analyst (Cyber Security)
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Ball Corporation is looking for a well-rounded team player with broad technical leadership skills to add to our Global IT Security operations department. This position will be requires extensive knowledge in three or more of the following IT Security tools: Firewalls and firewall management systems, Web Content Filtering (URL Filtering), Web Application and Malware Protection, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), SSL Decryption, Email Security, Strong Authentication, Remote Access, End Point Protection, Advanced Threat Management (APT), Vulnerability Scanning & Remediation, Identity Management, Data Loss Prevention, Data Encryption Global DNS, Security Incident Management (SIM), Public Key Infrastructure, Web Application Firewall / Proxy, IT Security Forensics, Password Vaulting, Risk assessment, security vulnerability assessment.
Cyber Security Technical Senior Analyst: This position works within the Global IT Security team to solve complex IT Security problems by taking a broad perspective to identify innovative technical solutions. The successful candidate will provide mentorship and guidance to junior level cyber security analysts. The position also participates in managing our vendors to achieve the desired results including quality and on-time delivery. Working knowledge and relevant certifications in the above security tools is preferred.
- Security administration is a hands-on role that requires a high level of technical expertise including networking, operating systems, applications, cloud environments and security.
- Responsible for a broad range of security tasks, including the day-to-day security administration of network security devices, as well as the management of technologies, such as firewall, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, data loss prevention, antivirus, anti-spam, antispyware, and security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Create and modify procedural documentation as needed
- Manage intrusion detection and perimeter security devices
- Assist with vulnerability management
- Participate in design and implementation of new security controls
- Follow up on remediation of vulnerabilities
- Investigate and follow up on incident reports
- Create and modify procedural documentation as needed
- Execute effective security and malware protection
- Manage and respond to information security audits
- Ensure that all information systems operate in accordance to set standards
- Participates in an on-call rotation with department
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school; college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 8 years’ experience in a cyber-security operations environment including 4+ years of technical leadership
- CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications preferred; other security-relevant certifications considered (e.g. SANS GIAC-GSEC, GCED, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GISP, GSLC).
- Knowledge of CISCO ASA solutions specifically remote access
- Technical “hands-on” proficiency with at least three security-related systems and applications (Vulnerability software, next generation firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Data Loss Prevention).
- Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications, especially mainstream OS’s (e.g. Microsoft Windows and Linux), Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM, and anti-malware tools, user provisioning systems and intrusion detection, automated policy compliance, and desktop security tools.
- Experience in documenting and maintaining processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment, intrusion detection, network access control (NAC), encryption, threat and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, and associated network protocols and concepts; CCNA preferred.
- Knowledge of SANS Twenty Critical Controls information security policies, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies desired.
- A strong familiarity with cryptographic concepts and their practical application.
- Experience in securing Cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, SAP, etc…..
- Knowledge and Understanding of the CI/CD Pipeline along with tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Experience in driving technology solutions in large, complex organizations.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel.
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs.
- Experience in driving process and technology re-engineering using industry practices e.g., COBIT, ITIL, CMMi.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- English Language is a must
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your CV and resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.