Darwin Digital is a full-service digital agency based in Lausanne, Switzerland. We strive to deliver exceptional and comprehensive digital solutions to help our customers to reach their objectives. We have a highly motivated and skilled team of experts in digital strategy, web (UX, UI) design; front-end web development; mobile app (native iOS and Android) development; cloud application development; eCommerce; CMS (WordPress and Get Kirby); SEO and digital marketing.
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer.
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to lead and produce digital creative solutions to address our clients’ needs. He/She will ensure designs are aligned with user requirements, accessibility, responsiveness and underlying technologies. He or she should be able to independently plan and execute projects from conception to delivery. The ideal candidate should have both theoretical and practical knowledge in user-experience design. This person will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists to create great service.
- Ability to define and execute UX vision
- Demonstrate experience in designing responsive web sites
- Demonstrate experience designing mobile and tablet applications for iOS and Android devices.
- Knowledge of computer systems, business processes and workflow
- Define usability testing on applications during the development lifecycle
- Understanding of evolving industry standards and trends
- Find opportunities to refine and improve existing capabilities and demonstrate new ones
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Defining and leading user research, user testing, usability testing and analysis
- Collaborate closely with the team to identify defects in application functionality or design and create strategies for mitigation
- Collaborate with partners to develop and maintain consistent standards for the end-to-end user experience
- Skill in developing specifications and mockups using UI design tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise as well as working with international remote teams
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an organized manner
- Lead and manage others
- Other duties may also be assigned
- A portfolio demonstrating problem solving paired with beautiful, usable designs
- 5+ years of professional UX / UI Design experience
- UI design portfolio
- Experience in using UX / UI design best practices
- Knowledge of these software packages and languages is imperative: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Customer centered problem solver
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- A degree in a related field such as graphic design, visual communication, industrial design, architecture
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Relaxed and friendly work environment with flexible working hours with home office options
- Motivated and highly skilled colleagues
- Opportunity for creative and independent work in an international working environment
- Attractive compensation plan that matches with your professional development
What our selection process looks like?
Please send your CV and Cover Letter in English.
We will contact only short-listed candidates. We currently have two rounds of interviews. First interview covers HR and competencies interview. It takes 60-90 minutes, depending on complexity of technical needs for the position. The second interview is with our senior management. After the interview successful candidates will receive an e-mail with our offer.