Since 2011, BVP has been on a mission to reduce crime across North America. In order to make the biggest impact, BVP’s tenacious team has focused on reducing Cargo Theft which attributes to a huge slice of the overall crime statistics pie. We have a strong track record delivering security solutions to aid in this $50 billion/year problem by focusing on operational effectiveness and safeguarding of people and assets. The BVP System combines professionally trained staff with the latest A.I.security surveillance technology. BVP offers highly customized end-to-end remote security guard services, safety & compliance oversight/control and business analytics tools. BVP employs over 350 professionals globally and is headquartered in Toronto Canada.
About the Opportunity:
If you would like to get a glimpse of what the world will look like in 10 years, join our team today. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies, you will be part of an energetic and ambitious team that takes pride in working together in a harmonious atmosphere. We are looking for positive individuals that can thrive in a fast-paced environment as our company continues to grow at 50% every single year. Quick thinkers with proven track records would find our company a great fit. Our fast-growing customer base from various industries will expose you to a wide range of experiences.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers. You’ll be working on a diverse set of UX challenges ranging from building internal software products powered by Machine Learning and Computer Vision to B2B external-facing software products for our customers to use in the world of the virtual security solutions industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of BVP’s business objectives, customers and product portfolio - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis (if needed), and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close and collaborative relationship with your agile squad: your product manager and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches and deliverables.
- Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs by product design vision along with providing assets and directions in a timely manner.
- Actively mentor other team members and better your peers through shared thought leadership and driving effective processes.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience as a strong UX team member, tackling well-defined design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio of projects which demonstrate creative, user-centered design solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Ability to independently conduct or participate in a wide range of appropriate UX design activities for medium complexity problems such as: user research, brainstorming, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Ability to identify opportunities, scope problems, find solutions, implement and launch. Consistently relied upon to tackle medium complexity problems that impact their portfolio.
- Proficient and effective use of industry-standard UX and UI design platforms.
- Experience designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Experience working with researchers, product managers, developers, and other designers who are aligned to execute on medium complexity problems.
- Ability to develop a proficient understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience advocating for research-backed design solutions. Ability to apply user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices at the team/project level. Recognizes when solutions are not ideal and communicate with cross-functional partners.
- Experience operating confidently using existing processes. Ability to recognize when there is a breakdown or inefficiency in operations.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
Who You Are:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Employee Compensation Package & Perks:
- Opportunity to be part of a team of ambitious, talented people with diverse backgrounds and style
- We are all striving to continuously learn and improve
- Opportunity to be creative and innovative, we love new ideas
- Company organized events (football, carting, parties, company hangouts, etc.)
- Annual Performance reviews and bonuses
- Bonuses for employees with children
- Dynamic and modern office space including a spacious lounge where employees can relax and enjoy
- Video games, pool, darts and foosball