Darwin Digital is a full-service digital agency based in Lausanne, Switzerland. We strive to deliver exceptional and comprehensive digital solutions to help our customers to reach their objectives. We have a highly motivated and skilled team of experts in digital strategy, web (UX, UI) design; front-end web development; mobile app (native iOS and Android) development; cloud application development; eCommerce; CMS (WordPress and Get Kirby); SEO and digital marketing.
We are looking for an experienced Web Designer to lead and produce digital creative solutions to address our clients’ needs. He/She will ensure designs are aligned with user requirements, accessibility, responsiveness, underlying technologies and good UX practices. This person will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists to create great service.
- Brainstorms, concept, collaborate and present innovative and exciting design
- Work in all design stages and make sure designs are implemented according to the highest industry standards
- Designing mobile and tablet applications for iOS and Android devices.
- Define and lead user research, user testing, usability testing and analysis
- Understand quantitative and qualitative data
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Collaborate with the team to identify defects in application functionality or design and create strategies for mitigation
- Collaborate with team to develop and maintain consistent standards for the end-toend user experience
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Act as a mentor to other designers, giving clear direction and feedback
- Lead the team
- Understand evolving industry standards and trends
- Other duties may also be assigned
- A portfolio demonstrating problem solving paired with beautiful, usable designs
- 5+ years of professional Web Design experience
- UI design portfolio
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an organized manner
- Familiarity with using UX / UI design best practices
- Knowledge of these software packages and languages is imperative: In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Customer centered problem solver
- A degree in a related field such as graphic design, visual communication, industrial design, architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise as well as working with international remote teams
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Relaxed and friendly work environment with flexible working hours with home office options
- Motivated and highly skilled colleagues
- Opportunity for creative and independent work in an international working environment
- Attractive compensation plan that matches with your professional development
Please send your CV and Cover Letter in English.
What our selection process looks like?
We will contact only short-listed candidates. We currently have two rounds of interviews. First interview covers HR and competencies interview. It takes 60-90 minutes, depending on complexity of technical needs for the position. The second interview is with our senior management. After the interviews successful candidates will receive an e-mail with our offer.