As we build and scale our portfolio of mobile solutions, Smith Micro Software provides even more exciting and challenging opportunities for tech professionals ready to help us revolutionize how businesses and customers interact with each other, and the world around them. We currently seek an experienced leader to drive the product roadmap for several of our biggest projects.
At Smith Micro, we develop software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to leading wireless service providers and cable MSOs around the world. Our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. The Smith Micro portfolio also includes a wide range of products for creating, sharing and monetizing rich content, such as visual voice messaging, optimizing retail content display, performing analytics on any product set, and 2D/3D graphics applications. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where your skills can have real impact, we need to talk.
This opportunity is on the SafePath product line. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with a solid understanding of software engineering practices and all aspects of software lifecycle and architectural design.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test iOS based applications
- Collaborate with agile cross-functional teams to define, estimate, design, and ship new features.
- Ability to work both within team and independently on new features, enhancements and defects
- Estimate tasks, deliver on commitments and prioritize activities accordingly
- Ensure software meets high quality, writing unit tests, participate in code and design reviews
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business requirements
Experience / Skills Required:
- 5+ years of mobile app design and development experience on iOS platform
- Excellent understanding of the iOS SDK, iOS development life cycle and associated patterns
- Extensive experience with Objective-C and/or Swift programming
- Experience with multi-threading and integrating with RESTful services
- Experience creating unit tests, using crash analysis and profiling tools
- Good understanding of UI/UX customization, dealing with different screen sizes
- Fast learner with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact across functionally and with customers
- Any development experience on Android or Hybrid development is solid plus
- Experience with CocoaPods dependency management technology
- Understanding of design patterns for reusability, extensibility etc.
- Experience with Git, Bug tracking and CI/CD tools
- BS degree in computer science or related field
We’re looking for creative thinkers, game-changing challengers and individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We won’t just hire anyone. Only amazing people like you – those who are driven, focused, and interested in ever-changing technology.
We offer competitive pay, paid time off and holidays, and a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance benefits, an employee stock purchase program, a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.