At TLScontact, we work with governments from around the world to provide visa and consular services on their behalf to travellers and citizens. Our core expertise, built up in visa processing, enables us to apply our secure processing experience to a wide range of government and citizen services, both abroad and in-country. Harnessing new technology, we support governments in their digital transformation, helping to improve efficiency and enhance customer service.
TLScontact is a fast growing company and currently in our Technology Team in Belgrade we have the following vacancy:
Service Operations Engineer, VAC and Corp Users Technology (covering Europe Region)
Place of Work: Airport city, New Belgrade
About the role:
The Service Operations Engineer, VAC & Corp User Technology is responsible for providing support to all employees including those working from remote locations. The Service Operations Engineer, VAC & Corp User Technology should be autonomous, meticulous, well-organized and be very capable of communicating effectively with end-users and contractors. Reporting directly to Service Operations Manager, VAC & Corp User Technology, the core of the role are to manage the day-to-day operations of IT installations, organize & be part of missions to deploy new technologies or fix issues, but also make sure our standards are respected in all our centers. Also, the Service Operations Engineer, VAC & Corp User Technology is responsible for handling in-coming questions from sites’ end-users via ticketing system or phone.
- Install IT infrastructure: network, computers, CCTV, servers, rack,
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and improve existing infrastructures,
- Test new technologies for possible implementations,
- Source hardware equipment and organize buying lists,
- Compare and optimize local services providers,
- Supervise contractors’ work,
- Test and troubleshoot new hardware components,
- Configuring and troubleshooting Linux related issues,
- Audit existing infrastructure security and fill checklists,
- Fixing and maintaining printers, scanners and other IT equipment,
- Handle helpdesk service requests, submitted via email, ticketing system or helpdesk phone,
- Receive technical support calls, troubleshoot and resolve the issue, when possible,
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to IT,
- Infrastructure and escalate to supervisor if necessary,
- Develop and improve standard test procedures,
- Travel on missions abroad,
- Other duties related to VAC and CORP users technical support.
Skills & Requirements:
- Mandatory fluency in English. Fluency in French and Mandarin are a plus,
- Mandatory ITIL Foundation and ITIL Practitioner certification or to be obtained within 6 months of employment,
- Experience with Cisco routers & switches is required,
- Experience in Vmware or any virtualization environment is required,
- Experience with Windows is required: Windows 7, Windows 10 – Windows 2k8 Server,
- Experience in MS Active Directory is required,
- Experience in patching, cable management & IT room installation is required,
- Experience with Linux is required: CentOS, Ubuntu,
- Experience with ISO 27001 Certification would be considered as an advantage,
- Knowledge of load and security testing would be considered as an advantage,
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills,
- Strong self-organization skills,
- Effective communication skills,
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees,
- Able to work in a fast moving environment.
What we offer:
- Work in a multinational team with experienced and helpful colleagues,
- A competitive salary,
- Friendly, inspirational and creative work environment.
If this challenge excites you and you feel you have what it takes to make it a success submit your CV today.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
We would like to thank to all the candidates for their interest and applications.