Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Managed Services group is leading the charge at FIS to provide our customers with fully managed IT services for financial systems, reducing their operation and maintenance costs and freeing them to do what they do best in many exciting industries around the world.
What you will be doing
You want to collaborate with a multi-talented, forward-thinking, cross-functional global team whose guiding principles are innovation and excellence. With the backing of one of the world’s leading multinational technology companies, you will enjoy the freedom to experiment, create and grow. You are teeming with fresh ideas, and you want support to help you bring those ideas to life.
As the Service Owner for one or more of the services offered by the Managed Services team, you are responsible for the quality of service delivery within the region. You are a subject matter expert, an innovator, a problem solver, an effective communicator, a collaborative supporter, a business analyst and a process improver. Together with the Pre-Sales, Sales and Managed Services Business Development teams, you:
- Ensure that the Managed Services are architected and sized to suit the customer’s requirements during the sales cycle
- Ensure a smooth customer engagement because you can liaise with the engineers in "tech-speak" and translate their ideas into simple concepts that make good business sense to our customers and the wider team.
- Can help translate customers’ often vague requirements into clear directives our technical teams can deliver on.
- Once the client is live, you act as an escalation point for the FIS Client Experience teams for production level infrastructure issues that need in-depth product knowledge.
You are passionate about service delivery. As such, you will:
- Work closely with the customer and the FIS Service Engineer teams to assist them with efficient delivery.
- Guide customers and colleagues through intricate and highly customized service delivery projects that run on private and public cloud infrastructure.
- Interact intuitively with all levels in the FIS and customer organizations to analyse requirements, architect solutions, identify issues and opportunities for improvement, drive deadlines and report on outcomes.
Although you generally go “by the book," you recognize when it's appropriate to go "off-road" and you seize those opportunities. You intentionally seek out problems just to have the satisfaction of solving them.
What you bring:
- A computer science degree
- 10+ years operational delivery experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization across multiple functional areas
- Good interpersonal skills, with both internal and customer stakeholders
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, database, networking, and cloud concepts
- A desire to learn and become demonstrably proficient in one or more complex financial products or service element
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite
- Background in a Financial Technology environment
Added bonus if you have:
- ITIL certification
- Azure or AWS Cloud Architect Certifications
- Microsoft or other technical certification
- Risk/Commercial Lending/Asset Finance experience
- Capital Markets experience
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.