As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
As part of Kraken's Client Support Services (CSS) SRE Team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be keeping one of the fastest growing companies in the world up and available in a 24/7 environment. You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and generally automate internal processes to empower developers and improve team efficiency.
- Monitor and support Staging and Production environments
- Improve Developer Tooling, help with building Docker images, manage our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating quality testing
- Manage releases using Kubernetes and Nomad
- Implement tooling to keep track of key metrics and generate alerts
- Collaborate with Dev, QA, and Product teams to support and improve the development and release cycle
- Develop tools and bots to improve and automate internal processes
- Support a fully distributed team operating across numerous timezones
- 3+ years experience working in a SRE, DevOps or equivalent experience as a Backend Developer working with Infrastructure
- 1+ years experience with a programming language (NodeJS, Rust, Golang, or Python)
- Extensive experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, and ELK
- Thorough knowledge of Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Nomad
- Ability to configure and maintain different types of proxy services such as Nginx and HAProxy
- Proficient in Git source version-control
- Passion for improving process and products
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration (CI)
- Ability to thrive while working independently and remotely in a team-based environment
- Self-starter, ability to context-switch between various projects, codebases and concepts
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Well-versed in scripting languages, building and administration of Linux
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions
- Passion for open-source and contributing back to the community
- Knowledge about Cloudflare Caching, Page Rules and Workers
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault and its PKI features
- Experience with Kubernetes for Local development tools such as Tilt
- Experience with ReactJS and/or NextJS frameworks
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure
- Experience benchmarking applications and identifying bottlenecks
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Google, and/or Gitlab APIs
- Experience with monitoring / alerting (primarily with Prometheus / Grafana) and knowledge of best practices in the area
- Experience with distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.