Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Site Reliability Engineer! The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need some development and systems help to make business and development operations flow smoothly.
As a well rounded site reliability engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Troubleshoot issues along with developers, providing systems level and architecture insight to the current issue.
- Extend configuration management systems with new features and assist developers in bringing new services & software to the appropriate devices.
- Work autonomously to solve complex or unintuitive system stability issues.
- Research, investigate, and provide justification for new technologies that would benefit development and systems.
WHAT YOU BRING:
As a well rounded system engineer and scripter, with a diverse set of skills, this makes you one of the very best people to troubleshoot, monitor the platform, and be on top of releases. You should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level!
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like slack, zoom etc. across multiple time zones
- Experience with git in a multi-contributor/team environment
- High degree of drive to improve and automate your environment with minimal guidance
- Be able to solve for immediate, and plan to accommodate for future problems
- Experience in automating tasks through scripting. You should be able to use Python and be familiar with a variety of packages.
- Extensive Ubuntu and systemd knowledge
- Extensive experience with a message queue system like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with time-series data stores
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or CFEngine. Experience with Ansible and Terraform preferred
- Experience with build pipelines, integration testing, Jenkins, and github actions
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms, including multiple Linux variants
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of web protocols such as HTTP, TLS, HTTP/2, Server send events, CDN
- Solid understanding of nginx and SSL
- Familiarity with Arista/Cisco/Juniper/Nokia platforms.
- Experience with extremely large scale network management and monitoring.
- Experience with Postgres and grafana
- Experience with cloud platforms (public and/or self-hosted)
- Experience in PXE based deployments
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is designed for us to get to know you as a person and engineer. It is also intended to give you an opportunity to get to know us! This is what you can expect after an application is submitted:
- A quick screening/questionnaire
- 45-minute phone interview with the hiring manager.
- 45-minute phone interviews with 3 engineers you will be interacting with at PacketFabric on a regular basis.
- Reference check.
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.
Deadline for applications: 11.06.2022.
PacketFabric redefiniše kako kompanije koriste i grade mrežne (network) usluge. Ova kompanija jednostavno, ekonomično i stabilno povezuje mreže i sve svoje usluge pruža preko svog API portala.