Site Reliability Engineer
As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
To expand our Tamedia team, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will help us write the digital future of TX Group. Tamedia's daily and weekly newspapers, magazines and news platforms combine strong local roots with an international network. As well as raising public awareness, they provide information, guidance and entertainment. You will help improve, deploy, and run Switzerland’s most important news sites while being a part of a team of 6 engineers responsible for running the end-to-end TX publishing cloud infrastructure.
Our Team Values:
- Automation whenever it’s possible
- Everything as code
- US rather than ME
- Continuously learning and improving
- Proactivity rather than reactivity
If we share the same values, please continue.
As part of our team, you will be doing:
- Run our infrastructure in AWS with Terraform, CloudFormation, EKS, ECS, and EC2.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as smooth as possible through GitHub Actions and CircleCI
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow our publishing solutions scaling to support thousands of internal concurrent users and millions of external users worldwide
- Prevent errors and waste of time through automation
- Ensure production functionalities and performance, in close contact with the product teams
- Establish monitoring and alerting on early symptoms to proactively avoid disruptions, through Prometheus/Grafana and DataDog
- Leverage the potential of cloud solutions, properly balancing availability, reliability, performance, and costs
- Constantly improve security by exchanging with the TX infosec team
- Be on an on-call rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for product engineers
As part of our team, you bring:
- Proven experience in a DevOps, or SRE role
- Enthusiasm to continuously learn and love for challenges
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken or which can be improved, you can't help but act
- You know at least one coding language (Python, Node.js, etc.)
- You know Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Git
- You like to understand how things work, and you enjoy solving complex problems
- You know AWS in-depth and you have experience with CDNs
- You can help software engineers learn to build for the cloud and exploit the potential of the cloud ecosystem
- You have mastery over CI/CD tools and processes, and are continually improving these
As part of our team, you get:
- The chance to work with the most interesting technologies
- The chance and the time to constantly learn, explore and implement new technologies
- The opportunity to contribute to independent journalism
- Home office and fantastically equipped offices when working with colleagues on-site
You can learn more about our perks and brands on our website.
TX Services is the new product, design, and engineering center of Switzerland's TX Group in Belgrade.
TX Group AG is a media company headquartered in Zurich. Through a portfolio of daily and weekly newspapers, magazines and digital platforms, as well as its own printing facilities, it is the largest media group in Switzerland. Additionally, as a leading digital hub, with almost 80% of all Swiss consumer internet traffic passing across our websites and apps, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses.
In 2020 the company changed its name to TX Group (formerly Tamedia AG) as the result of the Technology Exchange conference, established in 2015.
We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We're about investing in you long-term. The businesses in Switzerland you will work with are healthy, stable, and growing, and we want people that will enjoy sticking around for the ride.
Balans karijere i privatnog života
Iskustvo o radu
Kul koncept za jednomesecnu praksu. Mentori sa kojima sam ja imao susret su profesionalci, i jako dobro prenose znanje. Dobra odskocna daska za dalji napredak u karijeri.
Stekao sam utisak kao da backend i frontend timovi nisu bili dovoljno povezani.
Sport and fitness
Awards, bonuses, gifts
Education, professional development
Private health insurance
Flexible working hours
Fun & Entertainment
Vacation and days off
Work equipment provided
Work from home
Tvoje mišljenje nam znači!
Anonimno podeli svoje iskustvo i pomozi kandidatima koji se interesuju za ovu kompaniju.
Preporuke se učitavaju...