Your experiences building distributed systems, consensus protocols, graph databases, and GraphQL API design will be challenged in this role!
You will take responsibility for the Ockam Registry service. The Ockam Registry is the data store for Decentralized IDs (DIDs), and verifiable credentials for Ockam Networks. You will build core components in the Ockam data layer and also build the tools that provision cloud instances of the Ockam Registry as a service.
Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management in our Trello boards, and summaries of key results.
- API design
- Building complex code bases in the Go language
- Graph query language (GraphQL)
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- 10+ years of experience
- Building with Docker and Kubernetes
- Provisioning and operating cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- The basics of cryptography and PKI
- Consensus protocolsComfort in switching between multiple programming languages
- This is a Level 6-7 role at Ockam.
- Individuals that consider themselves to be Level 5 or 8 are also encouraged to apply.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, [click here for our guide].
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first structured team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.