Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Prophet is a leading risk management platform used by the financial services industry around the world to model companies’ financial business.
Our team is working on a greenfield Prophet SaaS project. That means the ability to experiment and implement novel technologies, extensively use public cloud technologies and be part of a strategic SaaS business within FIS. In short, the first phase of the system will combine a web UI and microservices running in docker containers. This first phase will enable the execution of processes that perform in depth calculations based upon the actuarial models built by our clients.
What you will be doing
We are looking for someone who is passionate about agile, self-motivated, proactive individual, and an out-of-the-box thinker. You need to demonstrate high levels of initiative and integrity and bring together strong people management, development process management and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will join our Belgrade based Software Delivery Center to manage multiple cross-functional software development teams:
- Help to put in place agile processes for a greenfield project and coach scrum team members in agile practices.
- Work with and influence the Product Owner and Business Analysts to build realistic delivery schedules, through the adoption of rolling wave planning (plan as you go). You take ownership and manage the timeline and risks in these delivery tracks. As such you are able to deliver working solutions, on time, on budget and according to the best quality standards.
- You will be a people manager for two or three scrum teams of developers and QAs.
- Learn a basic understanding of our product(s) on a technical and functional level.
- Work with your peers in Chertsey and Belgrade to drive improvements
- Work with management and teams to define and collect process metrics for the Belgrade development center. You analyze trends, propose, seek consensus on, and implement improvements.
- Anticipate operational issues, develop preventive measures, and mitigate risks.
What you bring
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the software development field.
- 2+ years of line management experience.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, goals and objectives. Problem-solving skills and attitude.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative, good time management skills, can multitask.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
Added bonus if you have
- Project management skills and experience with delivering product-based software solutions in a commercial space is a strong asset.
- Experience in finance/insurance.
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.