Software Deployment, Automation and Cloud Specialist
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
APT is an award-winning, multi-asset class risk system, we calculate the risks of portfolios of financial assets, whether they consist of equities, bonds, funds, financial derivatives or all the above.
Our clients include many of the world’s largest investment banks, pension funds and asset managers. Our systems do risk reporting, risk management, portfolio construction, and provide risk models and data. Our suite of products can be delivered in a variety of ways, from flexible APIs for systems integrations to interactive desktop applications to large-scale web-based solutions.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for working on improving our core software infrastructure, allowing us to test and deploy software quicker and better, and rearchitecting our applications to be cloud-ready.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance our testing and CI software
- Develop and enhance our software deployment software
- Work with our existing teams to enhance all our software to be cloud ready
- Become our resident expert in deployment, cloud and CI tools
- Work with other team members, following the agile software development methodology, specifically scrum
What you bring
- You have a degree from a technical discipline e.g. computer science, mathematics
- You have experience of cloud technologies, preferabl3y Microsoft Azure. This could include knowledge of AKS, OCP, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- You have experience with CI, ideally with knowledge of Jenkins
- You have experience with containerization and deployment technologies such as Docker and Ansible.
- You have familiarity with source code control systems, preferably git
- You are self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You are a team-player with the ability to meet deadlines
Bonus if you have
- Experience of Java, C++, Python, Perl, Matlab or Go
- You have knowledge of financial products (e.g. equities, bonds, foreign exchange)
- You have knowledge of SQL and database configuration/deployment (ideally MySQL and SQL Server)
- Experience of deploying / releasing changes to mission-critical production systems with brief downtime windows, measured in low hours
- Familiarity with the agile software development process, especially Scrum
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered)
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.