As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet. We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
While Test Engineers work within our cross-functional teams (we call them pods), our SDETs provide the tools, frameworks and infrastructure so that pods can seamlessly create reliable, maintainable tests. They’re experts in test architecture, devops and automation. SDETs are key contributors to ensuring our Hopin platform meets our very high quality standards at all levels, enabling the ways to push it to even higher grounds. They work for one of the several functional areas of our platform, each covered by multiple pods.
- Identify, design and implement the best test frameworks, libraries and tools for the needs of the specific functional area you work for. Your tools will be used by devs and testers alike, so they need to be an example of coding best practices and standards.
- Collaborate with our DevEx and Infrastructure engineers to ensure the feedback from the automated test suites is visible, reliable and fast, that our test infrastructure is robust, and that we have effective test data management approaches and tools.
- Mentor all pod members in how to use automation more efficiently, how to write good tests and how to get the best of the tools we use.
- Be an advocate of best practices in test architecture, design and test automation.
- You are a seasoned test automation engineer with experience in testing several web applications (backends and frontends) and systems at all levels, or an experienced developer with a passion for testing.
- Expert in JS or Ruby (preferably both). Knowing Rust is a plus. Alternatively you must be an expert in at least one programming language (java, c#, python, etc).
- Good command of any scripting language (python, bash, etc.).
- Experienced using version control tools (ideally git and Github).
- You have demonstrable experience creating test frameworks in JS or ruby, continuous integration pipelines, test data management and test reporting.
- Experienced in devops methodologies and tools (continuous integration, configuration management, infrastructure as code, etc.). Experienced in containers (Docker) and cloud computing (AWS) is a plus.
- Experienced in SQL and test data management.
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You are self-sufficient.
- Used to work in fast-paced, agile environments, with a great understanding of what agility means for a development team.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.