We’re looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help us build the next generation of Synergy, our core product, and to be the product development team quality advocate. Note that this is not a manual QA test engineer role.
Location: Remote/distributed (EU time zone) or on-site in UK (paid relocation and visa sponsorship)
#Diversity #WomenInTech #BlackLivesMatter
What about the role?
We’re looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help us build the next generation of our core product and to be the product development team quality advocate. You will be part of our Technology team, working with developers, product owners, managers and other stakeholders developing test frameworks, test plans, troubleshooting issues, helping to resolve defects, increasing the overall product and code quality
You will be responsible for the execution of the quality strategy, and a key player in its definition.
About Symless and Synergy:
Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 10.4 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a very small company of 20 people, so you won't let lost in the crowd.
Here are a few things you'll be doing...
- Develop, maintain, execute and monitor automated regression tests for each feature under development
- Implement test automation frameworks on multiple operating systems and application platforms
- Build test scenarios, acceptance tests, and end-to-end tests
- Perform non-functional testing (performance, reliability and integration testing)
- Support application deployment to production and perform UAT/Smoke/Sanity testing
- Work as part of the dev team to refine features and stories helping to drive quality into all aspects of the product
- Assist tech support and engineering peers with reproducing and diagnosing customer reported issues
- Work with developers to troubleshoot/investigate issues
- Identify and communicate product quality risk items
- Work with business and the engineering teams to understand product requirements (both business and technical) and create test plans and test cases
- Support development team to ensure that software meets functionality, performance and quality requirements
- Maintain test infrastructure to ensure validity and reliability of test execution and results
- Experience developing and maintaining REST and WebSocket automated tests
- Experience with implementing testing infrastructure from the ground-up and maintaining test automation frameworks and CI pipelines
- Experience with snapshot testing, web, and desktop testing; integration, end-to-end, exploratory, and UAT testing.
- Experience with Git (GitHub) and Jira
- Experience with testing low-latency distributed systems
- Experience working in a Scrum development environment
- Autonomy, critical thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!