Seeking a seasoned software engineer with a specialization in cryptography to help shape the next generation of network protocols.
As a Software Engineer in Cryptography at Protocol Labs you might...
- Build the next generation of peer-to-peer software, working on projects like libp2p, IPFS and Filecoin
- Participate in the design of applications integrating new cryptographic primitives
- Integrate research results into real programs
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- Educate the team on how to design and build systems with security first
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Demonstrated the ability to implement cryptographic primitives
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Rust, C, C++, Haskell, Ocaml
- Significant experience building secure applications
- In-depth knowledge of authentication protocols and applied cryptography
- Knowledge of the latest attack trends, tools and the threat landscape
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- Experience working and contributing to Open Source projects
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.