IOG, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Software Engineer to join an exciting new project! At IOG we do things that have never been done before in ways that have never been done before. We are looking for the very best people to join us, work with us and help us to change the world. If you are a problem-solver who is self-driven with a black belt in getting stuff done, we want to talk to you!
Our blockchain engineers, app developers, theorists and community managers are working together in a start-up-like environment to add collaboration tools to human processes and create a friendly and engaging experience.
You will work independently to produce outstanding results on a forward-thinking and innovative project. You will have an eye for detail and a strong sense of what makes a great user interface. In this role you will constantly be learning, so a thirst for knowledge is definitely a bonus!
Here are some examples of the duties:
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severe issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Update your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation.
- Proficiency in ReactJS TypeScript
- Experience with Typescript or Flow is essential
- Experience of Electron and NodeJS is a big plus
- A talent and willingness to come up with your own ideas around UI/UX
- Knowledge of or experience with blockchain, web3 library or DApps is a big plus
- Experience with creating and maintaining unit tests is a big plus