As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with ideal framework conditions, support them through investments in technology, and create space for them to develop individually. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX. TX Services is a part of TX Group.
At our Zattoo team you will find an ideal blend of stability and flexibility. True autonomy to shape what comes next, for us and you. This is the perfect platform to take your career where you want.
WHO ARE WE?
Back in 2005, Zattoo pioneered Europe’s first TV streaming service. Today, we’re the world’s first certified climate neutral TV streaming provider. 3 million users across three countries. Over 230 colleagues of 47 nationalities. We’re a grown-up start-up, helping to shape a better future since day one. That hasn’t changed, even if the world has. We’re friendly, international, inclusive – and our people say we’re reliable and transparent, too. It’s why they trust us and believe in what we do.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Someone who will become a part of the core team that maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology. Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services.
THE ADDS DOMAIN TEAM
We are building a new team to take full ownership of our state of the art ads backend services. As a Software Engineer one will work on building and extending services for server-side dynamic ad insertion and delivery of personalized ads at scale. The team will work closely with our Video and Playback Team to ensure delivery of the world class video experience. The ads domain team is owning a microservice architecture that handles all aspects dealing with video ads at Zattoo. The core of it is driving our fragment-level ad stitching solution. From there it is also dealing with ad ingest, adverser communication and metadata communication. We are a team of diverse software engineers specialized in video technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain and extend our current server-side ad insertion technology
- Improve our current HTTP streaming stack (DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming) and experiment with new technologies
- Design, engineer & implement highly-available, fault-tolerant, distributed systems enhancing our ads delivery platform
- Analyze and understand Zattoo’s ads services and explore ways on how to efficiently scale them
- Write and maintain systems that collect and preprocess large scale log data
- Implement and develop improvements to platforms, infrastructure, tools and processes
- Develop clean and maintainable code
- Collaborate with stakeholders and engineers across the company
- Become a valued member of Zattoo’s Engineering team and improve our core services
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You should bring your own ideas on how to further optimize the architecture and help extending the capabilities of our system every day. You should be curious about the inner works of video encoding and streaming and be able to think and operate at scale.
- Expert knowledge in C or C++ programming
- Experience with any of the following programming languages are also a plus: Golang, Python, Rust
- Experience with video and audio streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems and error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with ads industry standards (VAST, SCTE-35) or other related products (Yospace, Google DAI, Unified Streaming)
- Having contributed to open source projects related to media playback or streaming
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- Experience with NoSQL / distributed data stores like Scylla or ClickHouse
WHY JOIN US?
At Zattoo, you’re always on firm ground with real freedom to explore. You’ll have the support and opportunity you need to go far, while you’re helping us create a sustainable and entertainment-filled future for all.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Be a part of well established Swiss-based subsidiary in Belgrade
- We value work-life balance and employee happiness is at the first place for us
- Lots of team activities and perks
- Great equipment, competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- International team and working environment of talented and fun people
- Modern, sunny, and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere
- Stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- We’re sharing: Free access to the best streaming experience on the market
- We're developing: your own development budget, German classes and Zattoo all-company hack days
- We’re inclusive: ‘Zattooies’ are a fun, engaged, and diverse team made up of 44 nationalities
If you believe that your experience and skill set would make the expected contribution, please send us your application in English. We look forward to hearing from you!