WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are a part of the huge Ticketmaster International ecosystem, one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly visitors, as well as Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s leading live entertainment
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow in inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Ticketmaster encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.
As a Software Engineer at Bakson LTD, you will be responsible for analyzing, coding, and maintaining the next generation of fan-facing services for Ticketmaster, the global leader in ticket management for large-scale sports and entertainment. You will work closely with other engineers, product owners and managers, and representatives from the business, to deliver unique, high quality, efficient, maintainable, and easy to use services. The software you will work on will be used by millions of people worldwide.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
There’s s saying: “Technology is easy; people are hard” – while that’s an over simplification, it does mean that what we’re looking for more than anything is an intelligent person, who wants to share knowledge and isn’t afraid to asking questions, or reach our for help. Someone who understands that a team is more powerful than a set of individuals. We value pride in our work, curiosity, collaboration, honesty, openness, and the pursuit of excellence. As a guideline, we’d love to hear from you if some of this sounds a bit like you.
- You have studied up to university level or equivalent. A degree in computer science is not mandatory – on the contrary, we don’t care if your degree is in Philosophy, Underwater Basket Weaving, or even if you have a degree at all, as long as you’ve developed strong analytical thinking, and deep work skills.
- You are familiar with the essentials of object-oriented or functional programming, have used some of the more common design patterns, and understand algorithmic complexity.
- You’ve worked in a TDD or BDD environment before, have worked on your own projects using TDD or BDD, or are interested and keen to work in a test-first environment.
- You view software engineering as a craft – you care passionately about it as a discipline and strive to develop your engineering and people skills.
- You like to hack on open-source or toy projects in your main or other languages, in your spare time, for fun and learning.
- You listen to podcasts on software, or DevOps/SRE, follow at least one or two blogs, and keep up to date on Reddit or Hacker News.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity.
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues.
- A flexible working style.
Deadline for applications: 29.05.2021.