We want engineers who are passionate about making the internet a better place.
Kevel is a cloud-based service for building custom, ad serving solutions quickly and easily. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with 3-5 years experience to join our growing Developer Experience & Integrations team!
What you’ll accomplish:
- Be the open source face of Kevel writing open source tools, tutorials, how-tos, and articles that help our customers use our service to build the unique experiences their users require.
- Integrate Kevel with well-known third-party tools like Segment, Zapier, Looker, etc.
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to shape new features.
- Work closely with our solutions architect and customer success teams to deliver value and drive growth.
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- Experience managing open source communities
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Ruby, C#, Rust, or Go
- Experience designing & building front-end web user experiences
- High-scale server-side Node, Java, or similar platform experience
- Skilled in building SDKs & HTTP-based APIs
- Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Lambdas, CloudFormation
- Native mobile programming experience (iOS, Android)
- Proven knowledge of database technologies
- Experience with data warehousing & map reduce tools (EMR, Athena, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Looker, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Teaching in a classroom setting
- Speaking at technical conferences
You would be a member of an engineering team that values:
Constant improvement. If your processes have a way to improve themselves, you’ll never be stuck in a rut. We hold retros, and we value and protect the ability of any team member to say, “This can and should be better.” We value experimentation, especially when coupled with measurement.
Balance. We’re a collaborative team. We kick ideas around. The more viewpoints we have, the more likely we are to hear a good idea we haven’t thought of. We all have the opportunity to work on all parts of the system. No one is stuck working on the legacy systems full time.
Working to live, not living to work. We take our work seriously. We strive to make the best software we can for our clients. But we know that “release death marches” are not the way to achieve this. Software is a marathon, not a sprint. We work hard, but at a sustainable pace, and do better work as a result.
Autonomy. One of our core values as a company is, “We’re all adults.” We do code reviews and sometimes we pair program, but we trust each other. If you thought about the problem and have an opinion, your teammates will listen.
Mastery. Our CEO started out as a software engineer. Our VP of Engineering writes Clojure. We have an engineering team with decades of collective experience writing high-quality, fault-tolerant distributed systems. We love taking on and solving hard problems. We love learning.
A sense of purpose. We know what problem we’re trying to solve: to provide a first-rate ad serving platform to our global customers while continuing to evolve our product to meet the needs of the future.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We are operate remotely. We are a fully distributed team across the US and UK.
Kevel has been helping brands take back the internet since 2009. Kevel (previously Adzerk) offers the infrastructure APIs needed to quickly build custom ad platforms for sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. We are committed to helping publishers drive new revenue and take back the Internet from ad tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
As one of our core values, Kevel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide Diversity & Inclusion Training for all of our employees and hold ourselves accountable to creating a truly inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.