We have partnered with client who is a global online payment services provider with 20 years of experience in the industry, they specialize in infrastructure-as-a-service.
They are looking for a Software Operations Engineer to work closely with an international and highly skilled team, who will be responsible for supporting the deployment of new products and ensuring the smooth operation of the business-critical production systems through their monitoring, maintenance, fault identification and resolution.
Due to the nature of the role, the Software Operations Engineer must be a good team-player and communicator, have very strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, be driven towards learning about and contributing to our in-house systems and partner technologies, be driven towards ensuring the health of our production systems and strive to maximize customer satisfaction.
This role could be a fit for you if:
- You are an experienced developer with good troubleshooting and analytical skills who wants to take on the challenge of playing a key role in supporting and maintaining complex production systems. You want to learn what goes into supporting a system after it hits production and provide feedback to implementation teams for the further betterment of the product.
- You are an experienced Systems Administrator, with some programming knowledge or a proficiency at scripting who wishes to work on cutting-edge, highly complex software systems. You want to leverage your Systems knowledge and experience to help maintain and improve our production infrastructure whilst working closely and learning from colleagues who are highly skilled in the software space.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Extensive understanding and experience with core programming languages, Linux operating systems
- Maintains existing codebases and applies upgrades to existing product lines
- Constant learning of existing product lines
- Interacting with Software Testers and Software Operations Team Lead to ensure all code is modified with minimal impact on daily operations
- Interacting with the Software Operations Team Lead to ensure all goals are completed on time
- Experience with Java will be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of Linux
- Preferable experience with Perl and scripting language such as Python or Bash
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with an Application Server such as Tomcat
- Ability to work in and embrace a team environment, especially cross-department projects/issues
- Fluent in English
Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.