About the Company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics' mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
- Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
- Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
- Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
- Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
- Robert Schwab - Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
- Steven Spielberg - Film director, producer, and screenwriter
- Antonio Torralba - Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Gregory Trattner - President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
About the role
Wonder Dynamics is looking to add to our Product and Project Management teams in Novi Sad. We are hiring a Project Manager to help guide and manage the buildout of our film production and post-production AI platform technology.
You will be primarily working directly with our founders alongside our Machine Learning Engineering / Research teams. The Project Manager will also be working closely with our designers, executives, users, and other internal stakeholders to deliver new software products/features as well as helping to productize research generated in our research teams.
- Supporting stakeholders and the Product Owner in Determining and defining roadmap and product scope
- Understanding the relationship between scope, deadlines and dependencies
- Supporting the Product Owner in Product Backlog management
- Support the development team(s), obtaining the necessary information for the team from all related sources
- Leading, training, and coaching the team members in Scrum principles, self-management, and cross-functionality
- Helping the team focus on creating high-value increments that meet the Definition of Done
- Removing impediments to the teams’ progress and barriers between stakeholders and teams
- Recognizing, managing, and prioritizing cross team dependencies
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place in a productive and timeboxed manner
- Implementing and practicing efficient risk management
- Proposing process improvements and facilitating their implementation
- Capturing lessons learned and driving continual improvement
- 3+ years experience as Product, Project, and or Quality Manager for high-end AI and/or Software products.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to provide a consistent and well-communicated project plan out to the constituent stakeholders and down into the engineering organization.
- Extensive experience in an Agile, iterative development environment utilizing project tracking tools such as Notion or Jira.
- Able to recognize when to escalate and ask for help
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Quick, outside-the-box thinking.
- Technical or design background is preferred, but not required.
- BS degree
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
We offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.