Software Technical Team Lead
Beograd, Novi Sad, Remote
Would you like to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smartphone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you! Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Team Lead to join the Daon global engineering team.
You will work with our Belgrade, Dublin and US Engineering teams to help deliver enterprise class software and SaaS solutions. The individual will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues and will provide technical leadership within the Engineering department. The role will be part of our flagship IdentityX product development team and will be responsible for creation of new products and evolution of existing products. You have the flexibility and desire to learn new technologies and have strong knowledge of software design and architecture. You strive to improve capabilities, mentor a team of developers, apply best software development practices, look to add value, and innovate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a skilled team in an interesting and growing technology space.
What you will do:
- Lead and guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery providing regular, clear feedback on performance
- Mentor the team. Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Promote best practices to design, develop, and test software in accordance with established standards
- Manage the release process together with the team. Prioritize the QC needs as part of the process, participate in bug scrubs and act as a single point of contact for the QC Lead.
- Liaise with different organizations within the company including but not limited to support, DevOps, Professional Services
- Write the code following the best practices. Set a good example for the rest of the team. Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Remove blockers. Own issues when they occur, help the team by driving the resolution and escalate as required.
- Work closely with the product owner, project manager, and other stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain Daon products
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans
- Lead the team to create high-quality product level documentation including user guides, tutorials, and other content to help our customers to understand our product
- Continually assess opportunities for software and process improvement
- Participate in P1 incident management
- Soft Skills
- Care for the team. Promote a 'safe' working environment in which ideas and team collaboration are valued
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Be involved in the recruitment stage and assess new candidates. Onboard new members. Be responsible for the onboarding process, making sure that they have everything they need, evaluate their strengths.
- Provide regular status updates to the key stakeholders
What you have:
- A minimum of 7 years designing and building enterprise-class software products
- Experience working on complex software projects where you have brought a project from inception to delivery
- A strong knowledge of Java and modern frameworks
- Experience working with cloud platforms - AWS an advantage
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of what it takes to deliver a full software package - from client applications along with the server-based services which powers those clients
- Experience working with most of the following technologies is a plus: Spring Boot, Spring Framework, REST web services using Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Good understanding of modern software patterns
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to create solutions to different problems. Desire to learn new skills and keep up to date with advances in development tools and frameworks
- The right candidate should have: Strong OO skills, familiarity with modern multi-tiered applications and a good understanding of web technologies
- The ability to rigorously test software to ensure it meets the expected requirements. This includes the ability to create automated test suites.
- Experience working in a CI/CD pipeline along with experience of a good working knowledge of build and configuration management; Git, GitHub Actions, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA or similar tools.
- The ability to work at all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- The chance to be part of an established & successful product development team
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
- Selected applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute introductory call with our HR team.
- Candidates selected for a 2nd round interview will then meet with member(s) of the technical team for a deeper dive on technical knowledge and background.
- 3rd round interview will be with Daon’s Head of Engineering.
NOTE: interviews with technical team member(s) and the Head of Engineering may be switched, dependent upon availability.
Preporuke se učitavaju...