Reference: STASRB 0721-03
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented software test automation engineer to enhance our dynamic software engineering team working on one of our flagship platforms. This platform analyses and transforms data from various advanced monitoring devices into actionable information for our customers. The successful candidate will develop functional test automation for solutions hosted in the cloud and mobile applications. The role would be perfect for an ambitious individual who relishes solving challenging problems and creating innovative, effective and robust test solutions that make a difference for our customers. The ideal candidate must be able to write clean code but possess a QA mindset.
- Design, develop and maintain automated functional tests at component / integration / system level to increase coverage and quality
- Develop well structured, maintainable code as part of test automation
- Ensure automation environments run smoothly and ensure all tests pass, or highlight any regressions
- Perform various types of tests, including exploratory, performance etc of server software, embedded devices and mobile applications
- Respond to change including adding or updating test cases
- Prepare and present test metrics
- Develop automation libraries and tools
- Be a key member of the team to produce high quality software
- Develop and implement test strategy to achieve objectives
- Guide team in best use of selected test approaches and techniques
- Work effectively within multi-cultural team to define testable user stories and BDD scenarios
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders to clarify requirements and define/refine scenarios
- Degree in computer science/software engineering, or equivalent
- Strong experience developing test scripts and/or libraries ideally in Java
- Proven ability to accurately test, evaluate, analyse results and creating bug reports
- Experience using behaviour driven development and using Gherkin to define scenarios
- Proven ability to design and develop test automation using frameworks such Cucumber, behave, Selenium or similar
- Experience in test automation of web and mobile applications
- Experience with continuous integration/Delivery tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins or similar
- Experience working within Agile / DevOps environment
- Experience with mobile app test automation e.g. using Appium
- Experience testing APIs e.g. using Rest Assured, Postman
- Knowledge on Docker Containers
- Knowledge on Cross Browser Testing
- Knowledge of Serenity BDD framework
- Knowledge of test management tools e.g. Zephyr, ALM
- Basic Linux and Windows administration
- Ability to configure and deploy virtual environments
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Ability to configure and deploy to cloud services e.g. Amazon AWS, S3
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Smart / Remote Working
- Wellness programmes
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, race, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.