IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Software Test Engineer to work on two exciting projects. The first, Catalyst, is the largest decentralized innovation fund in the world, with thousands of participants proposing, reviewing, voting on, and implementing innovative ideas.
Catalyst uses cutting-edge techniques such as collective intelligence, game theory, sense-making, and collaboration and decision-making. The aim is to launch projects while measuring outcomes and rapidly improving to achieve the best processes to translate the wisdom of crowds into tangible value by bringing products and services to life.
The second project is enabling the execution of Ethereum-style contracts in the Cardano ecosystem. The project will provide the capability to execute smart contracts developed for Ethereum on a proof-of-stake sidechain with easy transfer of assets from and to the Cardano blockchain.
Our blockchain engineers, app developers, theorists and community managers are working together in a start-up-like environment to add collaboration tools to human processes and create a friendly and engaging experience.
As a Software Test Engineer you are responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution across all releases to the Cardano platform. You will work with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle. This will involve executing test iterations, tracking and reporting results, troubleshooting, and coordinating defect resolution.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop testing objectives
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build new tools for performing testing and validating function
- Execute and analyze automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting issues with different teams to identify causes and reach resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform validation tests during off-hours maintenance windows
- Support technical services as escalation points for reported bugs.
- Your expertise
- BSc or higher degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, logic, physics, or a related subject
- Minimum of five years’ experience in testing
- Performance and security testing experience would be a plus
- Experience in test automation and setting up a framework
- Experience of API testing
- Experience in distributed systems and networks would be beneficial
- Experience working in an agile setup (scrum, kanban)
- Experience of software engineering best practices and of testing methodologies, ideally ISTQB or ISEB certified
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (eg unit tests, property tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests)
- Experience with a functional programming language such as Haskell would be advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java or C#
- Experience of setting up an automation framework using Selenium or similar
- Blockchain development experience is preferable but relevant technical experience is also considered, eg, you’ve worked in highly technical environments and have the ability to pick up new concepts and processes
- Experience with virtualization – VMware, Hyper-V
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Git
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with continuous deployment.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European or AST timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Deadline for applications: 08.11.2021.