Circonus is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to join our Customer Success team as a Solution Architect. In this role, you’ll focus on the successful installation, integration and configuration of Circonus solutions into client environments. You’ll join a team of high-performing engineers who strive to continuously improve and deliver our products. You’ll be expected to operate independently, though your day-to-day will often involve collaborating with a small team to create, support, and deploy solutions for our customers.
- Work in the office or remotely, or both (but not at the same time)
- In partnership with the team, provide a world-class customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle
- Support pre-sales by communicating the value proposition of the Circonus Platform, building and presenting demos, gathering requirements, and defining the scope of engagement
- Support prospects through product evaluations; Gather requirements, build out proof of concepts (PoCs) and define processes and procedures through which PoCs are flawlessly executed
- Support post-sales through consulting, solutions, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish "trusted advisor status"
- Provide written and verbal communications to team and client regarding technical requirements, issues and status of PoCs, integrations, etc.
- Collaborate with management in determining priorities and risks associated with projects
- Implement, maintain and support software integrations with Circonus
- Provide solutions to technical problems of varying scope and complexity
- Author or otherwise contribute to Circonus customer-facing publications such as white papers, blogs, diagrams and documentation
- Serve as a customer advocate to other Circonus teams including Product, Sales, and Marketing
- Ensure all relevant processes, procedures and product documentation is up to date
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong presentation skills; high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- 5+ years experience architecting, designing, and developing modern software solutions across multiple technology platforms
- 3+ years experience in commercial software development and operations
- Comfortable quickly developing prototype and/or throwaway code to prove out new/cutting edge integrations or Circonus functions and features
- Ability to take on and complete tasks in unfamiliar IT environments
- Significant experience planning, prioritizing, and organizing
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments with a goal-oriented mentality
- Experience and/or senior level technical knowledge of monitoring and analytics solutions
- Knowledge of networking concepts including: software defined networking, routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc)
- Knowledge of modern development practices such as Kubernetes & Docker, Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), Package management, DevOps pipelines (CI/CD), Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Infrastructure Monitoring (ITIM) and Logging
- Knowledge of IoT and IIoT
- Ability to travel as required, expected to be 30-50%
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
Circonus offers a powerful machine data intelligence platform to handle the world's most demanding use cases. From mission-critical IT infrastructure to data-intensive IoT applications, Circonus works with any tech and at any scale. Circonus uses advanced data science and patented technology to ingest and analyze machine data to deliver unmatched clarity, insights, and performance. From real-time alerts and fault detection to ML-based predictive analytics, Circonus helps companies optimize operations and deliver exceptional user experiences with confidence.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from our industry-leading offering and our obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, health insurance, gym reimbursement, a generous 401(k), the opportunity for a bonus and more.