At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
As part of our Onsite organization, we are looking for a self-driven and ambitious Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of Hopin onsite mobile apps.
Your primary focus will be development of the application and its integration with back-end services. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of a quality product is essential.
- Design and build application for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Commercial experience in Android Development for (4+ years)
- MVVM, ViewModel and LiveData
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with testing at the unit, integration and functional levels
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience with websockets and real-time messaging, e.g. Pusher
- Experience with coroutines and reactive programming using Kotlin Flow
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
Deadline for applications: 21.12.2021.
Hopin je prva sveobuhvatna platforma za onlajn događaje uživo na kojoj polaznici mogu da uče, komuniciraju i povezuju se sa ljudima iz bilo kog dela sveta. Hopin događaji su poznati po svojim potpunim konferencijskim mogućnostima: faze, umrežavanje, probijanje (okrugli stolovi), sponzori, ulaznice i analitika. Sve je na mreži - svi mogu besplatno prisustvovati planeti.