Staff Software Engineer
Rad od kuće
LearnUpon is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team in Ireland.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As a Staff Software Engineer in our Engineering group, you will be designing and implementing a scalable, best-in-class LMS and you’ll coach and grow more junior engineers.
While our codebase is dominantly Ruby on Rails and Go for microservices, we welcome anyone with substantial development experience to be a part of our journey. We are not bound to our tech stack. We prefer choosing the right technology for the right problem so you’ll have plenty of space to grow your skills.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering solutions that continue to amaze our customers.
- Drive impact and innovation while building and shipping software at scale.
- Provide architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization.
- Identify problems and opportunities and collaborate with teams to architect, design, implement and operationalize systems.
- Actively improving the level of craftsmanship in our code and designs.
- Participate in on-call emergency response rota.
- Work closely with and influence product and/or technology partners regularly to help define roadmap.
- Review others’ work and share knowledge.
What skills do I need?
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#...
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience debugging in a data-heavy environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with stream processing at scale (e.g. Beam/Flink/Storm/kafka/GCP) and related tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Google cloud, or Azure.
- Strong Design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and collaboration capabilities.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience leading a large organization.
- Experience working with and leading teams in multiple locations.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or Golang.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- Flexible Working Arrangements - work with your Manager to determine the best working hours and location (home, office, hybrid) in order to help you balance work and family life, and to suit your lifestyle.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.
Visit our Careers site to find out more about working for LearnUpon, and check us out on Instagram.
Preporuke se učitavaju...