Our customer-facing WordPress support role requires a mix of debugging and development experience as well as outstanding communication skills. You’ll be working directly with both customer and agency developers, side-by-side with our Senior WordPress Engineers, on some of the highest-profile and highest-traffic WordPress sites in the world.
We are looking for people with compassion, writing skills, accountability, WordPress knowledge, and code savviness.
A day would involve:
- Maintaining the quality, accuracy, and thoroughness that is part of our high-touch, concierge, technical support.
- Helping customers and teammates via tickets and real-time discussions using a variety of research, debugging, tools, processes, detailed error reporting, and documentation.
- Solving tough problems with customer sites, themes, and platform tools that often deal with edge cases and WordPress internals at scale.
- Handling fast-moving situations and one-off projects involving complex dependencies, multiple partners, and tight timeframes.
- Observing and relaying chances to make our platform, services, and overall offering more appealing.
- Building and updating internal and customer-facing documentation.
- Excellent communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is crucial.
- Self-motivated work ethic. Self-starters who love taking initiative and seeing things through to completion do well on our teams.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of our teams and customers, often training others once proficient. Flexibility is key.
- Proficiency and eloquence in written English. Additional spoken or written languages can be beneficial.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress and experience with PHP. Whether you are currently supporting individuals with their sites or maintaining your own, we’re looking for theme, plugin, block editor, or e-commerce experience. It’s important to be able to read the code when diagnosing and potentially resolving problems.
Useful skills to have:
- Experience working primarily in a customer-facing role, including support and training.
- Superb troubleshooting skills that help you take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions.
- Understanding of issues around scalability and performance.
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Kibana and New Relic.