Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core product is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We're a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
The project & role
We’re looking for someone who can successfully deploy and configure new servers, automate and verify backups, document standards, processes and solutions used. Having a keen eye for security is a must as you’ll support our Infrastructure, CI/CD, Monitoring and Automation working alongside Jakub, our Head of Infrastructure. Below are few key elements that will make a Systems Administrator thrive at Status.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure in cloud environments
- Deploying and configuring new servers with Terraform & Ansible
- Continuously Integrate and Deploy using Java & Groovy to define jobs
- Automate and Monitor system performance
- Documenting standards, processes, and solutions used
- Create, deploy, and run container applications using Docker
You ideally will have:
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- You are no stranger to CI/CD concepts, configuration management, cloud platforms, version control, automation, monitoring, analytics, containerization, and microservices architecture
- Solid understanding of Networking fundamentals
- You feel at comfort in Linux environments and know to choose the right tool for each job
Bonus points if:
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for an open source organization
- Familiarity with Nix as it’s heavily used in our build processes
- Knowledge of decentralized software (Ethereum, Status-go, Nimbus, IPFS, Swarm)
Status pays above average compensation(paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Introductory conversation with our People Ops team
- Technical Interview with Jakub, our Head of Infrastructure
- Alignment Interview with Corey, our Security Lead