High-energy system administrator with solid background in Linux, Windows, and Cisco administration, who is passionate about managing a dynamic and constantly evolving IT ecosystem.
Adello is a leading programmatic media-buying platform leveraging its proprietary award-winning Big Data technology. The company was co-founded by 2 Karlsruhe Institute of Technology PhDs with a background in supercomputing, distributed systems and high-frequency trading. Karlsruhe is where the core technology team and this position is located. A successful candidate will have the drive, enthusiasm and ability to operate in a startup environment that is set to change the world of data.
Adello operates multiple geographically distributed Linux clusters running our own proprietary software built on Hadoop and Cassandra. Our software stack is architected for automatic and transparent failure recovery to allow global operations to scale. We are adding multiple Terabytes of data each day and our analysts crunch through hundreds of terabytes. It will be your responsibility to ensure 24/7 operation and building out our operational framework.
- Design and implement system management infrastructure to administrate 100+ servers
- Administration, optimization, and monitoring of multi-datacenter Cisco infrastructure
- Administration, performance monitoring and performance optimization of Cassandra and Hadoop clusters
- Development of automation scripts
- Development of monitoring infrastructure
- Management of business software including Windows clients, file servers, and cloud services (Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, etc.)
- Building out datacenters in new geographies
- Hands-on experience in system and network administration for large clusters
- Solid experience in Linux administration including Kerberos, Samba, Active Directory, DNS, load balancer, Linux security
- Solid experience in network design, administration and monitoring (Cisco)
- Experience with Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop and Cassandra are a plus.
- Experience in performance tuning and debugging of Java, operating system stack, and networks.
- Ability to use scripting languages including Bash and Python.
- Able to think out of the box for innovative technological solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter with ability to take a problem and run with it
- Ability to speak and write English is a must!
Adello is a leading programmatic media-buying platform for mobile advertising. Adello’s intelligent real-time targeting platform, «AdCTRL», is based on patented Big Data technology break-through that allows to analyze petabytes of data at millisecond latency. AdCTRL’s real-time machine-learning algorithms update targeting strategies 100,000 times a second. The platform self-optimizes for maximum marketing ROI for both brand and direct response campaigns. It fulfills highest brand safety requirements and serves industries including telcos, automotive, and consumer goods. Customers include large agency networks such as GroupM and leading mobile SSP’s such as Smaato. The company holds many awards including Gartner’s «Cool Vendor in infrastructure and Big Data for 2012», IAB Switzerland‘s «Digital Marketer of the Year 2013», IFJ‘s «Swiss Top100 Startup Award 2012» and CRN‘s «Big Data 100 for 2012». The company was founded in 2008 and has operations in the US, UK, Switzerland, Germany, Serbia, Singapore, Malaysia. More information can be found at www.adello.com