Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world – We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
Magna Global IT is seeking a talented Database/Cloud Engineer to manage a state-of-the art database and rapidly growing cloud environment. The successful candidate will play a strategic role in maintaining related on premises & cloud databases, maintaining processes for governance, and ensuring the security of Magna’s resource and its data.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of MS-SQL database technology concepts and how they apply in an enterprise environment. The candidate must be able to see the big picture necessary to create solutions, but also be able to execute the technical steps required to deploy those solutions.
- Maintain a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud database technologies and cloud automation processes.
- Support DB cloud migration processes and maintain the enterprise database environment.
- Work closely with IT security to maintain and monitor the company's privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Work closely with customer to implement and/or consult requested solutions
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- Azure Certifications.
- MS-SQL Certifications.
- 1-3+ years of experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- 2-5+ years of experience maintaining MS-SQL environments.
- Demonstrated experience with architecting and deploying solutions in Azure.
Skills and Competencies
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of Azure database technologies and current computing trends.
- Demonstrated scripting ability. Familiarity with PowerShell, Bash, JSON, Python, Terraform and other scripting tools is strongly recommended.
- Drive a continues automation process
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions.
- Prompt, regular attendance.
- Able to communicate in English Language (listening, writing, speaking).
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team, together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work Environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
- Regular travel 5-10%.
We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.