Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs.
We are currently looking for a System Engineer / DevOps to join our Technical Operations team in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad or remotely, and work with us on automating our deploy system, infrastructure architecture, and application monitoring. Hence, you will be working together with our Engineering team to constantly improve the quality and stability of our system and help us scale highly dynamical infrastructure running up to thousands of servers in parallel.
Some of the challenges you will face:
- Maintaining multiple environments on several different cloud providers
- Making sure that the infrastructure can support our platform at any given moment
- Monitoring thousands of instances in real time
- Researching new technologies that will make our platform even more resilient
- Automating as much work as possible
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration and internals
- Good knowledge of Bash
- Have working knowledge of network design and implementation
- Have extensive working experience with automation, monitoring, and deploy processes
- Have experience with maintaining an infrastructure ran on top of major Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- Have experience in working with containers
- Be familiar with configuration management tools
- Have good communication skills
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
It would be great if you:
- Have good knowledge of Python or Go and/or experience with other programming languages
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Through our work we are creating valuable precision medicine solutions for an ever-increasing number of highly targeted patient populations, resulting in transformative advancements in life sciences and a healthier global population.
One of our core principles is to be honest, ethical, & fair - to act with integrity and a sense of urgency as patients’ lives depend upon our solution. We pride ourselves on building successful business partnerships with our clients and making scientists happy as we treat data with respect and care and believe to be the good stewards of personal genomic & health data.
Our team and culture:
With backgrounds in mathematics, genomics, computational biology, software engineering, management, sales and beyond, our talented team is passionate about building fresh solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. Above all, we are a team. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work which means that the trust and respect we have for each other infuses passion into everything we do. By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges and successes we exemplify commitment to quality and results and accomplish more and faster.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
If you are looking for the right balance of teamwork, responsibility, challenge, and fun and you would like to explore what is next in technology and business, Seven Bridges is the right place for you.
If you would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter, and if your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will be contacting you in a timely manner.
Help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together!