Purpose of the Role
The Tech Lead will oversee an international virtual team building an excellent product that allows brands to focus every minute on growing their business and achieving their goals and objectives.
The product enables e-commerce companies to have a working understanding that’s second to none, while removing the burden of tasks from production to fulfillment to customer service and allowing them to focus on what’s important – growing their business. Your role will be to further develop the platform and ultimately take it to the next level.
As a well established engineering and technology leader you will direct a highly specialized team of seasoned IT professionals working on the design and development of a marketplace system. You will lead and expand the technology initiatives from technical and non-technical stakeholders, while leveraging critical thinking, business know-how and excellent communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the VP of Product and the leadership team to set the strategy
- Offer hands on technical mentorship to engineering teams participating in architecture design, code review, pair programming, and implementation of proven software design patterns
- Accelerate and optimize developer velocity by helping to implement best practices and owning results
- Engage with Product Management, QA, Data Analytics, DevOps teams to support the delivery efforts
- Ensure scalability and performance of the platform
- Participate in recruiting diverse top tier engineering talent
Required Experience & Knowledge
- 7+ years development experience delivering successful highly scalable technology solutions
- Experience managing cross functional/multidisciplinary distributed teams
- Strong mastery of Java, Spring, Google Guice framework
- Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and Java ecosystem
- Deep experience working with GCP and/or AWS
- Database Experience -Gcloud Datastore, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with modern devstack (Docker, Kubernetes) as well as cloud hosting solutions
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to create value and quality client service experience
- Ability to work with the professionals in multicultural virtual work environment
Required Education & Qualifications
- Advanced level of both spoken and written English language
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Any relevant certificate would be considered a plus
Deadline for applications: 18.10.2021.