We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
Please contact us if you have any accessibility requests and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Technical Analyst Associate - Cyber Security
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Technical Analyst provides technical expertise and support in a specialized area of IT Services (i.e., Infrastructure, Applications or Security), and provides project and operational support within that area of expertise, while being closely aligned with and supporting the solution architects responsible for a project. The Technical Analyst is responsible for studying business, functional and technical requirements and translating them into detailed design documents. In this role, the Technical Analyst is committed to providing technical inputs to Business Analysts during design and development, and supports the solution architects and consultants to plan and design solutions for projects. The Technical Analyst performs hands-on development, and is accountable for technical deliverables. Accountable for supporting the development of technical specifications, and participating in the delivery of complex, technical solutions to business needs.
- Create solution design documentation based on technical and functional specifications provided
- Prepare detailed systems specifications for translation into structured IT infrastructure (applications, compute resources, network, etc.) with the necessary interfaces into other systems or across platforms
- Document and manage system requirements
- Collaborate with internal customers to elicit their business concerns and translate them into system development requirements; define internal customer needs and required functionality early in the system development cycle
- Support research, planning, and recommendation of software and system choices to meet business needs
- Participate in planning initiatives, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analyses, new systems design, detailed project work plan and effort development, and implementation timelines
- Participate in planning initiatives for system testing and configuration
- Provide input for the development of detailed project work plans and effort estimates for solution development
- Design systems test requirements to ensure fail-safe integration of the solution into the production system
- Support defect escalation and identification of root cause.
- Communicate technical requirements in enough detail to IT stakeholders across domains, and conversely communicate technical solutions to BAs in non-technical terminology
- Assists with application maintenance by analyzing, monitoring, and correcting complex software defects. Participates in efforts to resolve production-based technical issues
- Technical “hands-on” proficiency with several security-related systems and applications (Vulnerability software, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM).
- Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications, especially mainstream OSs (e.g. Microsoft Windows and Linux), Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM, and antimalware tools, user provisioning systems and intrusion detection, automated policy compliance and desktop security tools.
- Experience in documenting and maintaining processes and procedures.
- Proficiency of understanding information security principles, including risk assessment, intrusion detection, network access control (NAC), encryption, threat and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Knowledge of security frameworks, security policies, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies desired.
- A familiarity with cryptographic concepts and their practical application.
- Experience in documenting and maintaining processes and procedures. Along with ability to follow ITIL processes such as Change and Problem resolution.
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment, intrusion detection, network access control (NAC), encryption, threat and vulnerability management
- Experience with network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Proficiency with cryptographic concepts and their practical application.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- English knowledge is a must
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your CV and resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.