NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Technical Consultant - Software Delivery
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Technical Consultant provides technical deployment expertise and support to both end Clients and our local PS organizations as part of their project implementations activities. The overall objective is to implement a series of Software Solutions for the monitoring and management of the Customers ATM terminals. In this role, the consultant will be involved in the deployment of NCR APTRA Vision solution which is made of multiple modules and interfaces. Travel to customer site will be required.
As part of the technical project implementation lifecycle, the consultant will conduct / deliver the following:
- Provide expertise on the deployment and use of the APTRA Vision Software suite including BI reporting using JasperSoft
- Installation and configuration of SQL and or Oracle database, analyzing database and application logs
- Troubleshooting and optimization activities on deployed systems
- Support & Training: Workshops meetings to gather and document specs and customer requirements
- System data gathering for deployment of APTRA Vision and Customer reporting requirements
- Produce Statements of Works, project estimates and delivery documents
- Server deployment inside the customer IT infrastructure
- Customization of the System Software to fit with the customer requirements, review processes and procedures and apply improvements
- Work with Sales during initial technical RFPs / RFIs
- Liaise with Engineering & Support Teams to deploy SW / patches / fixes etc., deployment of customizations, plugins, parameters and parsers to enable customer specific functionality
- Applying workflows and business rules, scripts and configurations to deploy the software solution
- Server administration activities
- BA degree preferred
- Exposure to database admin / setup and troubleshooting using Oracle / SQL Server
- BI reporting experience a plus (JasperSoft)
- Good analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with teams and on own initiative
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Fluent English
- Reports: BI reporting tools
- General exposure database queries and or Shell Scripting, Groovy Scripting / XML editing- REGExp etc.
- OS: MS Windows Servers
- Understanding of SW / HW networking, security etc.
- Good Engineering / Software development background
- Exposure to Business Intelligence report design and build.
- Experience of (JasperSoft /Crystal reports) preferred
- Security knowledge
- Scripting / Packaging tools experience
- OS: MS Windows Servers, Linux, …
- Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, …
- Development: Java8, SQL, Shell Scripting, Groovy Scripting / XML editing- REGExp
- Databases: SQL / Oracle
- Reports: BI reporting tools JasperSoft / Crystal reports
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.