At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager that will lead two smaller teams — Mobile Platform and Mobile Experience. This position reports to our Director of Product Engineering and will be responsible for contributing directly to the codebase and formulating a strategy on how to scale a team to more than 40 engineers in the next 2 to 3 years.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get 19 days’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4-6 years of experience working on Android or/and iOS applications, ideally as engineering manager. You are comfortable making direct contributions to code on at least one mobile platform.
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- A strong understanding of complex native mobile applications to help set the direction for iOS and Android as we scale
- Willingness to learn both Android and iOS platforms (we have a cross-platform mobile team)
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!
This position is either Remote or at our New York City headquarters.