Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
As a member of the Professional Services team, this position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) product. CLO is a loan origination tool that banks use to track commercial loans throughout the full lending lifecycle.
What you will be doing:
The Technical Lead is responsible for the overall technical solution delivered to the client. The Technical Lead will work with customers to elicit, analyze, communicate and document and validate technical requirements. They will translate these requirements into technical design specifications. After specifications are complete, the Technical Lead is responsible for working with the project manager and team of consultant to ensure the intended solution is implemented and delivered.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Analyze technical needs, document technical requirements, and translation into proper system requirement and design specifications. This includes solution design for integrating CLO into other systems and data migration design and planning.
- Identify/document how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assess and project the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Size work effort and work with project manager to identify task dependencies and create project schedules.
- Guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project.
- Manage software and configuration deployment between FIS and client, including automation scripts etc.
- Build real time and batch integrations using REST, file import/export and other approaches
- Build and deliver high performance data migration tools that import data from legacy systems into CLO in preparation for “day 1 use”.
- Conduct a variety of tests such as system, quality and peer reviews. Ensure that development is correct per the agreed upon documentation. Verify through testing that changes made to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results.
- Assist customer with environment architecture planning and setup, installations, performance testing and system tuning.
- Train internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced consultants or offshore resources.
- Isolate and resolve complex issues using appropriate tools.
- Provide consulting and support to clients on the technical aspects of the system.
- Liaise with other internal groups such as development staff and support teams.
- Achieve utilization targets.
- Identify improvements to Professional Services processes and work with team to create internal efficiencies
- Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
- Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
- Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
- Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the “how will they be implemented” into their evaluation
- Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
- End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
- Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
- Understands principals of multiple application development methodologies
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Ability to transfer client workflow requirements into an automated Business Process Model (BPM)
- Understands requirements documentation, workflow design outlines and data model analysis
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Good working knowledge of modern distributed web application architecture (Microservices, UI Frameworks, APIs) and understanding of system design considerations for such applications.
- Familiarity with other languages, in particular Java/J2EE, C# and Python
- Strong experience of designing and building complex integrations using RESTful APIs. Experience with other types of integrations (SOAP, file, DB etc…)
- Experience working with enterprise workflow platforms based on CMMN (Case Model Management Notation) and BPMN (Business Process Model Notation)
- Experience with web server platform configuration and set up (Microsoft IIS and Tomcat)
- Hands on experience on Clean coding practices, SOLID principles
- Sound experience in using and configuring relational database platforms (MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience working with document driven database platforms such as MongoDB
- Any experience with writing reports using common relational database reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Business Objects)
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.