Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Technical Marketing Lead! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our Network-as-a-Service (Naas) platform. The product team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need someone who has a passion for automating network interaction.
As a well rounded automation specialist, your evangelism to our users and prospects will make a big impact on our product. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on driving deeper technical engagement from our prospects and customers, as well as broader market adoption of our technology.
A typical day in the life of a Technical Marketing Leader might include:
- Creating integrations with open source tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Grafana, and others to provide customers with pain free integration to their favorite tools and pre-made cook books.
- Delivering demo scripts and environments to the sales and solutions engineering teams that can be executed across the whole sales and solutions engineering organizations.
- Working with marketing to directly engage customers and prospects to deliver dynamic and engaging content in both demonstration and training format on strategic concepts and differentiation.
- Evangelizing PacketFabric as a dynamic and well respected speaker at industry events.
- Representing PacketFabric in industry user groups and building influencing relationships in relevant communities.
- Working in partnership with marketing to maintain a strong social media presence and sharing relevant content on network automation and automation with PacketFabric.
- Writing technical blog posts on a new, and highly relevant technology.
- Working with marketing to develop detailed and high quality case studies.
- Collecting feedback from customers and sharing with Product and Engineering teams.
- Identifying integration opportunities and driving integration efforts with commercial platforms like Postman, Slack, and PagerDuty.
Skills & Requirements
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a strong technical or financial background, a good dose of carrier network knowledge, and naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products. Additional requirements include:
- 10+ years of experience in senior technology roles such as software engineering, network engineering, technical product or developer advocacy roles.
- A strong background in both networking technologies, software engineering, public cloud, and automation of networking and cloud related tasks.
- Previous experience interacting with and integrating to a range of APIs.
- Experience leading cross functional teams through influence as well as being an individual contributor.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and maintain high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to be both a highly proficient technical writer and an engaging public speaker.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
- Experience with large scale deployments on Google, Amazon, and Microsoft cloud platforms.
- Ability to code in multiple languages.
- Previous work with Ansible, Puppet, and Terraform.
- Proven experience creating written technical content.
About PacketFabric, Inc.
What PacketFabric offers:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers are acceptable attire any day of the week.