Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Technical Program Manager! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. We are deeply committed to understanding our customers’ needs, and creating products they love. We strive to create strong customer relationships throughout the company. The engineering teams are small, talented, and close-knit groups and we need someone who has a passion for networking and organizational excellence to help us scale.
As a well-rounded technical program manager, your technical leadership and organization will make a big impact on our business. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our network architecture and engineering team’s internal and external facing projects and tasks.
A typical day in the life of a Technical Program Manager might include:
- Working with the network architecture teams, production engineering teams, operations teams, infrastructure teams, CSMs, and software teams and serving as the central point of contact between these teams regarding important projects and tasks.
- Organize and manage infrastructure hand over to network teams for network backbone circuit, site deployments, and site augments.
- Project scope planning, documentation of requirements, and financial analysis as it relates to a particular network project.
- Act as a force multiplier making technical network teams more efficient by turning status meetings into dashboards, tracking external vendor engagements, and building workflows for day to day tasks.
Skills & Requirements
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a CS or BS degree, a PMP certification, a solid background in service provider network engineering, and naturally gravitate towards planning amazingly efficient projects.
- 5+ years as a production network engineer.
- 5+ years as a technical program manager for a network focused team.
- Strong working knowledge of layer 2 (Ethernet, 802.1q), layer 3 (IP, MPLS), routing protocols (BGP, ISIS) and network concepts such as transit, peering, and transport.
- Technical knowledge of data center facilities, common network architectures, fiber optics, circuits, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Proven experience in prioritizing development activities and producing continual internal product improvements.
- Proficiency with tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, and wireframing tools.
- Experience leading cross functional engineering teams and collaborates well in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompany excellent organizational skills.
- A never-ending drive to solve complex problems and move projects to completion.
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and measurements of internal product or project success.
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
About PacketFabric, Inc.
What PacketFabric offers:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers are acceptable attire any day of the week.