As Semaphore's Technical Support, you will be providing first-class service and tech support to our customers. Our customers are very technical (developers) and we want someone that can interact with them at that level. Your responsibilities will include providing technical support, debugging integration issues, writing custom scripts, and occasionally teaching customers how to use Semaphore.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated, and organized team player to join a growing organization. Customers ranging from startups to enterprise level have described their experience with Semaphore support as "like having another engineer on their team". More than 9 out of 10 customers rate Semaphore support as "great".
This is a remote position and you should thrive in asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe. Your working hours will be 8 am - 4 pm CET.
Support is an integral part of Customer Success, and you will collaborate with other team members to identify ways of improving Semaphore's user experience and documentation.
Semaphore's customers are testing and deploying some of the coolest and most innovative cloud applications today. You will be the key person to support them by:
- Working directly with customers to resolve any issues that they may be having with the Semaphore platform.
- Monitoring and addressing customer tickets to understand common issues.
- Improving our documentation.
- Participating in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Providing feedback to our product teams.
- Building and maintaining support's internal tools.
- A basic understanding of how software and the internet work.
- Willingness to master Linux and Bash scripting.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent English language, both written and verbal communication skills.
- Being self-managed and capable of making effective decisions.
- Being well-organized, having an excellent work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Being passionate about helping real customers solve real problems.
- Having the ability to work effectively remotely with a team.
- A prior experience in IT roles such as QA will be considered a plus.
Who We Are
SemaphoreCI.com is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a fast, robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
We work in small, highly effective teams, and every person is vital to the success of the company.
Our team is made of smart, creative people who love their craft. We believe that a great place to work is where we're surrounded by self-managed people who consistently do good work and positively inspire us.
We work in a fast-changing environment of a new market, and there are many ways you can make a great impact. You will not be just improving the product or customer experience, but have a voice in shaping the company culture too.
Sounds good? Come work with us.
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour working week, a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job.
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
Semaphore is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.