LearnUpon is looking for a
Test Automation Engineer
to join our team in Belgrade
LearnUpon is a cloud-based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Sydney, Philadelphia and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. You can be part of a team who supports and guides each other to be our best, and who does their best work in a supportive and fun environment.
Our Quality Assurance Team is key to the company as they are responsible for designing, developing and executing test plans that target testing of the LearnUpon web application. We are looking for a senior engineer who specialises in design and development of test automation frameworks, as automation is a key development strategy to enable the company to scale effectively.
What will I be doing?
- Designing, developing and executing automated tests against the LearnUpon platform.
- Integrating test automation processes with LearnUpon CI/CD pipeline.
- Assistest the Head of QA to grow test automation team and automation skills within the QA team and wider Dev teams within LearnUpon.
- Working closely with our development team to manage new features and test requirements.
- Learn the full range of LearnUpon technology and services and be able to identify core testing needs as the releases are prepared.
- Collaborating with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the sales processes.
- Suggest product enhancements to our product development team to help make LearnUpon even better for our existing and future customers.
- Reporting to Head of Quality, but work across all delivery teams.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years commercial software development and automation experience.
- 2+ years of experience in building automated test frameworks.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, specifically Java. Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver essential, plus knowledge of REST-assured a distinct advantage.
- Understanding and experience with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Experience with web technologies: Maven, TestNG, HTTP/S, APIs, OAuth, legacy SOA (SOAP, REST), XML, JSON, XPath.
- Experience designing, developing and testing SaaS solutions.
- Experience with modern web development techniques and technologies and modern web culture.
- Excellent written and spoken English for communicating with the team.
- Bright, hard-working, can work on their own initiative and independently.
- Demonstrate good judgement in analyzing information to make routine decisions.
- Ability to excite delivery teams about TDD and building repository of tools for same.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- A working knowledge of containers, orchestration tools and Cloud platforms is a distinct advantage.
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Ruby/Rails, JQuery, SQL, *nix OS platforms, basic network protocols and/or API/Auth type mechanisms are considered a major plus.
- An eLearning/LMS background with experience of industry standards and terminology such as SCORM, AICC, Tin Can, etc.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV in confidence electronically. We look forward to hearing from you!