Test Engineer (Android)
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Able to analyze software requirements (User Stories) and make sure they are well defined and unambiguous
- Understand the test strategy / test plan
- Write test cases (manual or automated) based on the software requirements
- Perform tests and report defects found and the path leading to the defects in order to reproduce them
- Work in an agile based development environment
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies
What you’ll need
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in testing mobile apps (Java/Kotlin and Espresso/UIAutomator)
- Knowledge of Android development environment (Android Studio, Git, Jenkins etc.)
- Ability to analyze problems and decompose them into logical parts
- Understand the latest technologies & testing methodologies
- Positive approach and good communication skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as you will be part of an international team
- Meet your team
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?