Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
The threat detection and response lead analyst provides detection, investigation and response to cyber threats. This position reports to our Blue Team leader and is a member of the 24x7 security team responsible for triaging and escalating security events across the Kraken digital asset exchange. This role requires an individual experienced in managing escalations for cybersecurity events, in-depth analysis of security events and conducting cyber investigations.
This person will act as the lead investigator for potential incidents identified by the Blue Team, providing monitoring and analysis of security events to protect Kraken from cyber attacks.
- Experience as an analyst working with security event triage and incident management workflows
- Strong background in security disciplines such as, detection engineering, incident response, threat hunting or digital forensics
- Experience with monitoring, maintaining and managing threat detection systems, threat intelligence platforms, SIEM and security devices
- In-depth understanding of the cyber threat landscape and advanced adversary tactics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.