Job Title/Grade: Tier 1 System Support Specialist – Project Management Systems
Reports to: Senior Manager, Business Systems Development
Department: Solutions Delivery, OIMT
DAI’s Office of Information Technologies is seeking a Tier 1 System Support Specialist to join the team in the IT Solutions Delivery department focusing on support to DAI’s project management platform (TAMIS) instances around the world. The position is the first line of technical support and will be responsible for answering and resolving TAMIS support issues that our employees may be encountering in their specific work location. We are seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment that deals with highly complex products. The ideal candidate will be team oriented, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, have excellent research and communication skills, and be able to document thoroughly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In DAI’s IT support management system, FreshService, triage incoming TAMIS support requests, addressing first level support issues or escalating to other team members as required. First level support includes such things as those related to access, known types of system/user errors or simple configurations.
- Communicate with the user submitting a request and give them a comfort level that their issue is being properly addressed, in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot simple system errors directly with the users, gathering necessary information for problem resolution and documenting steps taken.
- Escalate those issues that cannot be resolved using current knowledge to the senior TAMIS administrator, ensuring any previous user interaction on the request is well documented.
- Accurately document & record resolutions and actions taken on each request in FreshService.
- Provide basic system training to users via remote tools, if required.
- Assist the Solutions Delivery team with new development testing as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year of experience in a high-volume Technical Support or Helpdesk setting or similar preferred.
- Proficient in the use and basic troubleshooting of industry standard software packages such as Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams, etc.)
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows required, Mac OS 10+ is desired
- Experience with (and/or demonstrated desire to learn) M365 applications like SharePoint, MS Dynamics, PowerApps.
- Customer service orientation with an interest in helping users learn and apply software solutions in the workplace to promote efficiency and collaboration.
- Exceptional listener and communicator; Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple assignments.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent research and documentation skills
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.