Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
We are looking for recent graduates or students in their final year of study to work and gain practical knowledge during internship. Candidates will get an opportunity for a full-time employment after six-months internship program (based on their completion of studies and internship performance).
About the team
You’ll be working with a team responsible for developing the Apex Collateral solution, a unique and innovative product that offers enterprise-wide collateral management, optimization and trading on a single platform. Apex Collateral helps financial institutions to make the best use of their inventory and to handle the fast-increasing volume and complexity of collateralized trading activities. You’ll also get to join a team of UX specialists and connect with other designers across the organization.
What you will be doing
You’ll be working on the design for the next generation Apex Collateral solution aimed at bringing functionality together within a unified web application. The user interface is built using our common Angular-based framework and shared component libraries. You’ll be focused on analyzing user requirements with subject matter experts, creating prototypes, validating design direction through testing and producing UX specifications.
Your tasks will include
- Translate research findings and user requirements into interaction designs, working in partnership with your design mentor.
- Participate in requirements capture activities with subject matter experts.
- Work within cross-functional agile SCRUM teams.
- Develop concepts like storyboards, wire-frames and interactive prototypes using design tools and validate these via testing with stakeholders and users.
- Learn how to effectively use design tools in a collaborative environment.
- Keep up to date with the latest UX trends and best practices.
What you bring
- University graduate or in final year of studies with 3 or less exams left before graduation in Computer Science, Interface/Visual Design or related field
- Some design experience, ideally working on software/web applications
- Knowledge of user-centered design process and practices, and willingness to learn and develop existing knowledge and skills
- Ideally have a portfolio or examples of previous design work
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and information organization capabilities
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Very good level of English
What we offer you
- Six months paid internship
- Team mentor and access to other designers on the team to help coach you and work with you on projects
- Working with some of the best experts in fintech industry
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Company benefits - 13 days of vacation, flexible working hours, Fitpass etc.
- Opportunity to grow and develop in financial services and technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.