Chili Piper helps businesses help their buyers.
People interested in your business typically have to wait hours or days after filling out a form. Not anymore. Our intelligent assistant offers them a simple way to book a meeting or start a phone call immediately upon form submission.
Unlike the traditional method of inbound lead management, Chili Piper uses smart rules to qualify and distribute leads to the right reps in real time. Our software also allows companies to automate opportunity distribution from their SDR’s to their AE’s, and book meetings from their marketing campaigns and live events.
Companies like Square, Twilio, DiscoverOrg, SalesLoft, and SiriusDecisions use Chili Piper to create an amazing experience for their leads, and in return experience higher conversions for their business.
Chili Piper is focused on helping Businesses help their Buyers - building a new category we call Buyer Enablement
As the VP of Customer Success, you are the perfect fit for this role if you are a strong leader and operator who can scale out the customer success team and operationalize our customer success processes to DRIVE ADOPTION of our products. You will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to lead customer-facing teams at Chili Piper. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Customer Success plays a key role in driving customer goals, product utilization, business transformation, and revenue expansion by ensuring the engagement, success, retention, and growth of Chili Piper’s customers.
What You'll Do
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert and evangelist to properly articulate the value proposition of our customer success team as it relates to Chili Piper
- Be accountable for the success and growth of our freemium strategy and of our largest customers.
- Create and document best practices that are shared within and beyond the team.
- Iterate on the current go-to-market plan, taking inputs from your leadership team to provide the best possible strategic direction for the success function and team.
- Take a lead role in onboarding, developing and continuous coaching of the team
- Have experience with hyper-growth and demonstrated leadership to make rapid decisions and problem-solving in a hyper-growth environment.
- Have a strong consulting background and success with land and expand model and freemium subscription services.
- Have the vision to anticipate potential growing pains and the leadership to build your own vision for what this role should evolve into as Chili Piper continues to grow
- A successful track record of communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead expanding and mentoring the Customer Success teams by setting the strategy and prioritizing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs); hiring, training, and developing a world-class team
- Drive customer lifetime value by defining the customer journey; deploying programs to help drive business value with customers, customer goal achievement, new features, and new use-cases; collaborating across teams to identify and pursue customer growth opportunities
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in a Customer Success and/or Professional Services leadership role. Sales experience will also be considered
- Experience building and managing large (100+ employees) Customer Success and or Professional Services teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to move quickly and iterate at a fast paced startup
- Technical and SaaS experience and an ability to speak to technical customers in their language
- A strong strategic vision for the customer experience, professional services, and customer support
- The ability to architect services and support delivery models that align with current customer segments, deliver customer value and scale with growth projections
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high achieving teams
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate
- High EQ and ability to lead with positive influence.
- High integrity, authentic, and humble. Able to thrive in a “do whatever it takes” environment.
- A performance-driven self-starter.
- Data-driven and analytical. Adaptable to changing market and customer requirements.
- 4-5+ Years of Salesforce CRM experience. Salesforce certified Admin is a strong plus.
- Strong proficiency and experience using Marketing Automation software 3+ Years Minimum (Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, etc.....) - Marketing Automation Certifications are a strong plus.
- SFDC implementation, data model (standard and custom objects), REST API, Administrator, Managed Package
- Experience working with cross functional teams within a customer organization to support a joint outcome
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively via oral & written formats
- Passion for customer success & excellence
- Demonstrated ability to plan and scale Customer Success teams from their grass roots
- Additional Information
How We Work
Freedom and flexibility. We’re a 100% distributed team working from around the world. Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all hands meeting on Zoom.
Solve interesting problems. The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
Autonomy and ownership. Working on a distributed team means you don’t have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting things done. We’re a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
Be helpful. Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Company Offered 401k Plan
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- WeWork membership so you can work from anywhere
- Any equipment/software/tech that you need to do your job