VP of SaaSOps
VP of SaaSOps
$ 200k/Year ($ 100/Hour for 40 hours of productive work per week)
Do you have what it takes to build, scale, improve and manage our cloud based SaaS systems and products? Are you able to manage our constant stream of acquisitions, systematically gathering know-how of the new systems and bringing them into our factory, without impacting uptime?
We are looking for an experienced Vice President to lead our SaaS operations, who will be responsible to balance availability, customer experience and the need to constantly simplify and automate the systems. VPs should be doing that by ensuring their teams are meeting their daily and weekly targets.
Do you want to challenge yourself to ensure great up-time and customer experience from our myriad of more than 100 products? If so, this role is for you!
Crossover recruits and builds world class high performing teams to power the fastest growing portfolio of software products in the world. No other company provides the training and the opportunities to test yourself on the depth and diversity of projects that we do. All roles are location independent so you are guaranteed to work with the best in the world. Challenge yourself. Be part of the change.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
The Vice President of SaaSops will manage a team of 5-15 managers and ensure the team solves their daily challenges by removing blockers and managing constraints.
It is expected that you will be monitoring the team's daily and weekly performance using our proprietary tools.
The VP will be expected to ensure the availability, uptime, and cost optimization of our high-quality products. You should have an always-on mentality, a passion for metrics-driven decisions, and a desire to execute drastically differentiated technical operations processes using cutting edge technologies.
You will be responsible for building out a globally dispersed technical operation using distributed teams and an ultra-efficient application hosting infrastructure. Your first priority will be to scale these activities – while continuing to meet tight, daily SLAs. Priority two will focus on long-term planning to drive continual improvement.
Additionally, we expect you to lead and perform deep-dives into weekly metrics and escalations and leverage your broad Technical Operations Management experience to raise the level of the team performance in an atypical fast paced environment.
- Manages all customer-facing and internally focused SaaSOps product environments and service delivery activities
- Develops metrics to enable effective measurement of key performance indicators
- Develops and manages quarterly SaaSOps budget
- Develops long-range staffing and resource planning for organic and inorganic growth
- Develops, maintains and executes a clear integration playbook for SaaSOps inherited from future acquisitions
- Establish world-class standards and technical operations to deliver consistent, high-quality products across dispersed, global teams
- Implement operations management strategies to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or Phd. preferred) is mandatory.
- +15 years of experience in IT Operations Management
- At least 5 years of SaaS Ops/Tech Ops/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps experience
- +3 years of experience managing Cloud Infrastructure Organizations (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Ops)
- Proven leadership experience of building and managing globally dispersed teams with a size of 50+ heads within the last 3 years, where you were responsible for goal setting, performance measurement, and hiring/ firing decisions (direct reporting lines)
- Minimum of 2 years in a senior software engineering management position such as CTO/CIO, Head of Operations or Engineering, or VP of Operations or Engineering
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best-practices in an Operations and/or engineering organization
- Proven ability to use metrics as a key driver in your decision-making processes
- Proven and recent experience of setting aggressive goals for your teams using SMART principles
- An advanced level of English
NICE TO HAVE
- Cloud-based hosting experience with Amazon EC2 a significant plus
- Proven experience of migrating products from legacy infrastructure to the Cloud or between Clouds
- Recent experience with DevOps teams
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As a VP of SaaSOps in our organization, you will learn what it takes to handle aggressive growth where we measure success on a daily and weekly basis. You will learn the importance of deep dives to resolve problems with your teams as well as the importance of managing your team on a daily basis against quarterly set quantifiable goals which deliver real business value.
You will learn to measure and track output and results and how to automate everything that you do. You will learn how to overcome the challenges of managing a fully remote workforce of between 100 to 250 Engineers, Architects and Software Managers. Ultimately though you will learn to move fast, take risks and learn from failures. You will never be bored.